Ashton College is a private post-secondary institution located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Established some 22 years ago, Ashton College has become a leader in the training of adult learners for
specific careers as well as providing numerous opportunities for lifelong learning through its continued
education division. For the past twelve years, Ashton College has also been very active in the field of
online learning, providing students with the opportunity to study from a variety of locations in the
company of an instructor and fellow students. Our live online learning division has grown significantly
over the past years allowing us to reach students throughout the world.
We are inviting applications for the position of Manager, Online Learning. This full-time position is for a
period of one year with the possibility of extension. This is a newly established position and will allow
the successful candidate to focus on understanding and improving the learning experience for our online
students as well as encouraging our online faculty to engage in developing their online teaching skills.
The College is committed to providing its students with the very best educational experience possible.
The position requires an experienced and dynamic person who specializes in online learning, specifically
online learning which incorporates web conferencing tools. This position will contribute a high level of
skill and experience towards building teaching and learning capacity, promoting innovation and
achieving outstanding educational outcomes.
In this position you will work collaboratively as part of a diverse and dynamic team of faculty and
administrators. A team of three assistants will assist with the execution of your responsibilities.
- In collaboration with faculty, facilitating the delivery of courses for live online learning
- Supervising and training online learning team who provide support to faculty and students
- Reviewing current online learning tools and suggesting upgrades and changes if and when
- Promoting and conducting training sessions for online faculty
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies used for live online learning
- Working with a variety of stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of courses
- Providing advice to course developers and managers on live online learning delivery
- Preparing reports and presentations as and when required for senior management
- Masters degree is required, ideally in Education or Educational Technology
- Two or more years of appropriate experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects,
collaborations and competing deadlines
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and learning in higher education
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
- Proficiency using learning management systems and web conferencing tools
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and organizational skills, critical thinking and problem solving
October 16, 2020
Working remotely is permissible.