Ashton Education is driven by the knowledge that education improves the future for everyone. Students, employers, communities and economies all benefit from additional knowledge, skills and the opportunity to put that learning to the test. Through our network of private education-sector organizations, Ashton Education guides the creation of innovative education solutions of the highest standards to propel others forward in their careers. As a membership organization, we support Ashton College, Ashton Testing Services, Licentia, and TechnoEdge learning with the right leadership to deliver on existing and new opportunities. With more than 20 years in the education space, Ashton Education will continue to be at the leading edge of delivering educational opportunities, testing and research to improve lives now and into the future.
The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing new strategies, special projects, innovative ideas and business models.
Works independently under the broad supervision of the CEO and COO.
Work is performed in accordance with broadly established procedures and practices requiring the initiative to plan and complete assignments independently, and judgment to select the appropriate method.
High work volume requires ongoing prioritization and the ability to deal proactively with potential problems.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency with Adobe, WordPress and Asana preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a hectic environment, exercising confidentiality, sensitivity, tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to be thorough, accurate, and have a high level of attention to detail. Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to locate required information using a variety of methods (e.g., online sources, reports) and to review, analyze and synthesize complex information into summaries and reports.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee work processes as well as to develop and implement improvements.
- Ability to take initiative, analyze problems, identify key information and issues, assist to hire new staff and independent contractors to perform tasks.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
Only temporarily, the right candidate must reside in Vancouver, BC area and must be willing to come to the office full-time when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 2020-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year