SEO and SEM Specialist
Ashton Education is located in Vancouver BC and delivers post-secondary education and online secure testing to a variety of students and test-takers through its member network.
We are presently seeking a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist to join our marketing team. They will be responsible for leading SEO and SEM efforts across the entire Ashton Education Network.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Perform keyword research on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement link-building strategy. Integrate on-page and off-page SEO (link building) with content marketing, social media marketing, and digital PR initiatives.
- Manage SEO-related assets, tools/platforms including Google My Business, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMrush etc.
- Prepare a content plan and develop content marketing strategy for off-page SEO.
- Work with blog writers to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Conduct regular technical SEO audits and provide recommendations for the web development team to fix technical website issues (e.g. slow page load speeds, page crawl errors, and duplicate content) that may negatively impact organic search rankings.
- Help achieve #1 rankings for network members’ offerings in search engines
- Measure key SEO metrics such as organic traffic, ranking positions, domain authority, conversion and conversion rates, engagement metrics such as dwell time and organic return visits and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Perform daily campaign activities for PPC campaigns including bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing, categorizing and refining keywords lists and campaign expansion
- Clearly and frequently communicate results, with an eye and goal towards optimizing PPC costs and generating quality leads.
- Analyze campaign results and incorporate strategic thinking to boost performance and conversions
- Degree or diploma in marketing or similar
- Certification in Google Analytics/Google Adwords
- 3+ years of proven SEO results
- 3+ years of experience with keyword research and organic search analysis.
- 3+ years of SEO experience with on-page optimization, technical management, local SEO, and off-page optimization—using industry-leading techniques.
- Experience managing Google Adwords accounts
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns
- Experience with WordPress, SEMrush, Ahrefs
- Experience with project management software (Asana)
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to work with remote and in-office team members effectively
Remote or In-Office position
One year renewable contract
For all interested applicants, please send your cover letter, resume, and copy of related certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org